Thursday, August 19, 2010

finally!

So I finally got a job! While it's only part time, and doesn't pay great to begin with, it's as a checker at grocery store...I have previous experience working a cash register so it will pay off (hopefully) because I plan on trying to get full time and moving up really quick.

Still working on looking for more ways to get money because I know I need it. (I wonder if target is hiring...discount on clothes? Yes, please.)

So Monday was my 23rd birthday. I went shopping with my mom and then to dinner with her and my grandma. It was fun. O'Charley's has great food, and now they have birthday caramel pies...and they mean that quite literally, it is a freaking caramel pie. I wish I'd have taken a picture of it before I started eating it. Ah well, it looks like a chocolate pie only caramel.

Anyway. Saturday I went to the horse races. Again, didn't take any pictures, but I'm sure borrowing some pictures from Google search will suffice:

Fairmount Park and lots of pretty brown race horses.
...You get the idea.

After a couple of these:
..it was a lot easier to laugh about a lost bet.

I was surprised that the track was actually kid friendly. There were lots of families there, and even grade school fundraisers going on. 

Much different, but oddly similar to my experience at the greyhound races in Memphis, TN.

Except for this....

And that was my Saturday night, and before that I mentioned my birthday. I had an idea the other day to post a whole bunch of pictures from the last year and I've been lazy.

Truth is, I'd have to find most of them on Facebook and then either hotlink them or save them to my computer and then upload them...and there are quite a few I was looking at. So, since I'm feeling uber lazy, I'll save it for a different day.

I was in good spirits yesterday (as I am today as well) and also in a Criminal Minds sort of a mood. So I began watching Season 5 where I had left off...at episode 2.

Imagine my surprise when I see the guest star was none other than this man:

Mr. Connor McManus himself, Sean Patrick Flanery!

I was so excited and inspired that I began running my 3rd favorite movie through my head until I fell asleep.

I'd have watched it last night, but I had to be at work early this morning. So I mentally noted that I'd most definitely watch it today (after my nap, of course)

And that brings me to now. I am watching (well taking a break) this fan-fucking-tastic movie and smiling like a child who was just given ice-cream. 

I'm probably a nerd, but that's okay because I'm not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment